I'm quite close to start ignoring you as a troll.

For the last time: My point are all *other* environments than Windows, Windows
being special case. You keep on telling how it works on your Windows. We know
how it works on Windows, thank you, no need to keep repeating that to us.

> different folders with with different versions of gtk

As a developer, I've done that in environments other than Windows, but normal
users just install gtk to their system by what ever package manager it has,
and there will be no multiple copies of it.