Update of bug #22795 (project freeciv):
Category: None => general
Status: Need Info => Ready For Test
Operating System: None => Any
Planned Release: => 2.5.0, 2.6.0
Follow-up Comment #4:
Thank you. I have reproduced it on TRUNK.
The problem is that remove_allied_visibility() is called twice in the alliance
breakup. The comment for the second says:
/* Inform clients about units that have been hidden. Units in cities
* and transporters are visible to allies but not visible once the
* alliance is broken. We have to call this after resolve_unit_stacks
* because that function may change units' locations. It also sends
* out new city info packets to tell the client about occupied cities,
* so it should also come after the send_player_all_c calls above. */
I think this comment is outdated. Normally the stack conflicts should have
been resolved using bounce_unit() -> unit_move() which should already have
notified correctly the clients.
The error message is not visible in S2_5, because the it use the
PACKET_UNIT_SHORT_INFO which has the 'is-game-info' flag, discarding packet
* Remove in TRUNK the duplicate of the remove_allied_visibility() call (not
for S2_5, useless, but in case it would break something else);
* Do not lose vision of hiding units (they are visible on V_INVIS, not V_MAIN)
which may be the cause of related bug;
* Updated comments.
(file #22686, file #22687)
Additional Item Attachment:
File name: trunk_alliance_breakup.patch Size:2 KB
File name: S2_5_alliance_breakup.patch Size:1 KB
Reply to this item at:
Message posté via/par Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list