>> Which nation gets selected for a player /created with a leader
>> name occurring in the leader list of multiple nations?
> Using create on server, I get random nations assigned.
The only circumstance I know of where player name affects nation selection is
when there is a named player in pregame (either a human with that username, or
a human exploiting bug #24170, or a /created player). At server start,
generate_players() tries to assign nations based on player name.

In this case, it picks the first nation it finds with a matching leader name,
which is determinsitic; so Anna always leads the Brandenburgians and never the
Bretons.

If we want to legitimise duplicate leader names, we could make it pick
randomly from matching nations instead.

/create in mid-game just assigns a random nation.