If we take a look at for example fat.h it uses some data structures like
time but does not include the definitions for time (located in time.h). This
is only one of many similar examples.

How does this work. My compiler gets crazy and doesn't understand a thing.

//Daniel

NOTE: thanks to bart for information I wanted about the layers...