On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:

> If we take a look at for example fat.h it uses some data structures like
> time but does not include the definitions for time (located in time.h). This
> is only one of many similar examples.
>
> How does this work. My compiler gets crazy and doesn't understand a thing.

Nobody said it's going to be easy ;)

What happens is that almost all files do
#include "portab.h"
#include "globals.h"
and globals.h includes all headers in the hdr directory. Don't ask me why,
it's been that way as long as I can remember.

if I change to the kernel directory and do (in Linux)
gcc -DVA_CDECL= -D_SS=0 -D_CS=0 -I../hdr -c *.c
then most things (except nls.c, task.c) compile. That doesn't mean they
run, it's just that I used gcc as a sort of "lint" in the past, and
gcc on Sun should be similar.

You still have to deal with far pointers, 16 bits, ...

Bart