Hello Daniel,

> I have three questions:

> 1. Does freeDOS have a ramdisk
yes. XMSDSK.

> and if so how do I use it?

pretty straight forward.

* Port DosEmu from Linux to SUN SOLARIS
* boot dos, giving it a lot of memory (for the RAMDISK)
* start XMSDSK
* start MS LANMANAGER as server, and make the ramdisk a shared
  resource.

maybe I missed one step or too, but that's the general direction ;)

> 2. What does execrh do?
call a device driver - you don't need that (see below)

> 3.    Bart wrote:The default block device driver is in dsk.c, dsk.c then
> translates relative (partition) sector        numbers into absolute (disk) sector
> numbers and (unless using LBA) cylinder/head/sector, and calls int13  BIOS
> functions via floppy.asm.

        >> "unless using LBA": explain please... I need all the information
> you've got about the layers after     blockio.c

you don't need blockio.
you should replace the read/writeblock() in blockio.c;
blockio.c is mostly about caching, and there's little
sense in caching a ramdisk.

tom