Blair Campbell wrote:
> I think that 1.0 pre1 is good to start with, as we want to be able to
> work out distribution bugs before a final release (we don't want to
> repeat SR2).

I'd rather we went for "1.0" instead of "1.0 pre1".  I agree we should
verify the distribution, but I'd rather we not officially announce "1.0
pre1".  We can make something of a "1.0 pre1" available somewhere, and
announce ON THIS LIST that it's available for us to TEST, but not
mention "1.0 pre1" on the web site.  The web site is our public face -
as I have been painfully reminded.  :-)

I think we should still have a "1.0" in the best shape we can make it by
28 July.  That's a month away ... I think we can do it.

-jh

--
I'm sorry my president's an idiot. I didn't vote for him.