Hi!

Just a quick remark, the last time that I had issues booting from
USB stick (for some antivirus boot tool) it was because the boot
stick generator tool had failed to put a bootable MBR on the stick
and mark the partition as bootable. When you KNOW that that is the
problem, it is easy to fix with FDISK-style tools, FDISK /MBR etc.
but of course take care to not accidentally zap any partitions on
your stick or, worse, on some other drive. I think sometimes USB
sticks also report as non-boot because they do not want to promise
anything about speed of access etc. but I would guess that a BIOS
will often feel free to ignore such pessimism ;-)

Regards, Eric