On at 2021-02-19 20:39 +0800, TK Chia wrote:
Hello Masloch,

1. Is this the right amount of sources? The macro collection, ldosboot,
instsect, and scanptab repos' contents are not included, but they are
required to rebuild everything. The tellsize tool is another component
not included. (As listed in the LSM, I crosscompile from a (Debian)
Linux host system.)

I am not quite sure --- I have not yet checked the packaging --- but
generally, if the dependencies might require additional set of secret
incantations to download and build, then I would probably prefer to have
them included in the sources.

Well, they aren't exactly "secret" considering as they are documented in the manual [1]. But point taken.

(If the build procedure will also automatically download the
dependencies, then I guess it might be OK to exclude them.  But that is
just my opinion.)

Okay, I don't have any scripts to do that. So you'd rather I include all the sources I take it. That yields another question: What layout should I use?

Either:

1. Put sources for other repos in their own SOURCE subdirectories. That results in SOURCE/ldebug/source/debug.asm, SOURCE/lmacros/lmacros1.mac, etc (would work with the default cfg.sh settings) (SOURCE subdirectories not in allcaps to potentially support building as-is, as the scripts expect the names to not be capitalised if that matters on a case-sensitive FS)

2. Put everything into subdirectories under SOURCE/LDEBUG; move main lDebug sources down another level: SOURCE/LDEBUG/ldebug/source/debug.asm, SOURCE/LDEBUG/lmacros/lmacros1.mac (would also work with the default cfg.sh settings)

3. Keep main sources where they are but store extra sources in SOURCE/LDEBUG subdirectories along the main sources: SOURCE/LDEBUG/source/debug.asm, SOURCE/LDEBUG/extra/lmacros/lmacros1.mac (cfg.sh defaults would not be applicable, could go along with an ovr.sh pointing to the right relative directories)

4. Is the Primary-site link in the LSM fine? And: I don't think
Japheth's or Paul Vojta's sites should be linked in the LSM, considering
that the fork is in some ways far from its FreeDOS Debug 1.13 roots.

iBiblio has a short page at
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/LSM-TEMPLATE.html on the LSM format as
it applies to Linux.  Apparently it also defines an "Original-site:"
field --- it might be useful to use that, in case you would like to also
link back to Vojta's or Japheth's original Debug.

The Primary site, Alternate site and Original site for the debug LSM [2] are as follows:

Primary site    GitHub -- Baron-von-Riedesel/DOS-debug [3]
Alternate site  GitLab -- FDOS/base/debug [4]
Original site   http://www.japheth.de/Download/

Which site should I enter as Original-site for my LSM?

Regards,
ecm

[1]: https://ulukai.org/ecm/doc/ldebug.htm#buildingcomponents
[2]: http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.2/repos/pkg-html/debug.html