On at 2021-03-03 17:20 -0600, Jim Hall wrote:
Thanks. I also noticed that you have a "draft 3" file there as of
today, so I mirrored all of the "drafts" to the ibiblio site as a
backup.

Just added draft 4 today. Changes in draft 3:

- Deleted SOURCE/LDEBUG/ldebug/doc/*.info* files to avoid needing LFNs. (Future releases will only build PDF, HTML (.htm) and .txt files.)

Changes in draft 4:

- Copied instsect.com to BIN/

- Added DOC/LDEBUG/fdbuild.txt

I also added the fdbuild.txt file to my repo [1] so that starting with a future release 2, we can re-use the file from the repo instead of having to handle / copy it around outside of version control for every build.

1. Should instsect.com be copied to BIN/ ?

From the source, INSTSECT installs a boot sector. If you intend that
users should use INSTSECT to install a boot sector, then yes - you
should include this in BIN. I didn't look too closely at your files,
so I don't know what INSTSECT is used for here.

Yes it installs a boot sector for FAT12, FAT16, or FAT32 FS drives, which implements the lDOS / RxDOS.3 protocol. The filename defaults to LDEBUG.COM to aid in loading the bootable debugger. (Recent RxDOS.COM kernel revisions use the same protocol.) I copied it over to BIN/ now.

2. Should I add a short file describing how to build from the zipfile?
(Essentially just repeating what I listed in the changes here.)

Yes, you should include instructions for how to build the lDebug
program from source (from the zip file). You should save this in the
DOC directory, in some obvious filename like BUILD.TXT or some such.

Done!

Regards,
ecm

[1]: https://hg.ulukai.org/ecm/ldebug/rev/737faa76f3d8