On at 2021-02-20 16:40 +0100, tom ehlert wrote:
Hallo Herr C. Masloch,

Not a Herr. But hello to you too,

am Samstag, 20. Februar 2021 um 12:49 schrieben Sie:

On at 2021-02-19 20:39 +0800, TK Chia wrote:
Hello Masloch,

1. Is this the right amount of sources? The macro collection, ldosboot,
instsect, and scanptab repos' contents are not included, but they are
required to rebuild everything. The tellsize tool is another component
not included. (As listed in the LSM, I crosscompile from a (Debian)
Linux host system.)

I am not quite sure --- I have not yet checked the packaging --- but
generally, if the dependencies might require additional set of secret
incantations to download and build, then I would probably prefer to have
them included in the sources.

Well, they aren't exactly "secret" considering as they are documented in
the manual [1]. But point taken.

(If the build procedure will also automatically download the
dependencies, then I guess it might be OK to exclude them.  But that is
just my opinion.)

Okay, I don't have any scripts to do that. So you'd rather I include all
the sources I take it. That yields another question: What layout should
I use?

we don't have rules for that, as long as there is a script to rebuild
the stuff with the given structure.

most projects come with a single directory, but others (kernel,
FreeCOM) have half a dozen.

the rule should be from unpack and lean back to watch the machine
compile within 30 seconds. of course this assumes your requirements
(python, pearl, ...) already installed.

probably simply copy your own structure into sources\ldebug

Can you please clarify which of the three structures I listed would that be that you mean? The one with SOURCE/LDEBUG/ldebug/source/ and thus SOURCE/LDEBUG/lmacros/ (structure number 2) or the one where there are additional directories directly in SOURCE like SOURCE/lmacros/ (structure number 1) ?

On at 2021-02-20 19:26 +0100, tom ehlert wrote:
>> 1. Is this the right amount of sources? The macro collection, ldosboot,
>> instsect, and scanptab repos' contents are not included, but they are
>> required to rebuild everything.
>
> Duh? if it's required to rebuild, why do you skip it?
>
> Just imagine yourself going to a brand new Debian system, download
> your lDebug.zip. How would you recreate lDebug? If I understand
> correctly your macro collection would be quite handy ;)

I guess so! But then, I would actually always set up the hg repos to retrieve the most recent revisions of all the sources. That also offers the revision histories, which a zipfile (as we're excluding the .hg state) does not have. But thanks for your opinion, I will add the additional sources once we figure out which layout to use.

Regards,
ecm