> The SoftMPU developers don't want to take on the burden of having
> to develop and support a JEMM version, in parallel to their
> EMM386/QEMM386 version. They prefer to work with a common codebase.
> See the comment at
> https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php?p=332252#p332252

1st, you are reviving an 8 years old threat. They either found a
solution in the meantime oor lost interest anyway.

2nd, in these 8 years there was plenty of time to read a few lines
down on the mentioned page for

      There are a couple of gotchas:

     - Only real-mode games work (no DOS extenders etc.)
     - Games that use MPU interrupts (a handful of intelligent-mode games) are
currently not supported

     Nevertheless this allows a lot of classic games (Lucasarts adventures etc)
to work
     with a MT-32 connected to a Sound Blaster or SB Pro, something that's not
been possible before.

Wow. Wasn't the lack of Sound Blaster the problem for most people, and
not some inability to play MIDI tones?

> As an additional argument: it is possible that GEMMIS was adopted
> by software outside of Windows as well, namely in the demo scene.
> Apparently, in order to compete in the Assembly'95 demo contest,

Wow. do you have the slightest idea what the 95 refers to?

> But going back to my main point: there is no full open-source
> drop-in replacement for EMM386, as far as I know.

> The ideal solution would be for some developers to enhance JEMM in
> such a way that support for both these features (GEMMIS and the
> EMM386 port trapping API) could be added.

as you ton't qualify as a developer, how about going to work, earn
somemoney, and offer Japeth (or other developers) this money to
implement your wishes?

Tom