I'd rather not modify the 4dos750.zip archive to eliminate the CSCLEAN.BAT file from the distribution. If I did that, I feel I'd have to document this in a separate README file, and I'd rather not do that right now.

I've done the next best thing: I've created a short 4dos750.txt file in the '4dos' directory on ibiblio, and it warns users not to run the CSCLEAN.BAT batch file.

-jh

Luchezar Georgiev wrote:
Hi Jim, and thanks for archiving 4DOS and for your news item on it!

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/util/user/4dos/

You can remove the file CSCLEAN.BAT from the ZIP. It just restores the old CONFIG.SYS saved by the installer on uninstall and is not needed since the ZIP contains neither installer nor uninstaller.

Below is the contents of the CSCLEAN.BAT file, for your reference.

Regards,
Lucho

@echo off
rem
rem 4DOS uninstall -- CONFIG.SYS cleanup
rem Copyright (c) 2003, JP Software Inc., All Rights Reserved.
rem
rem DO NOT delete this file!  It may be required when uninstalling 4DOS.
rem
rem DO NOT run this file manually.  It is for use by the automated
rem uninstall software.
rem
cls
echo.
echo This window is running a small batch file to restore your
echo CONFIG.SYS file to its state before 4DOS was installed.
echo.
echo To perform this restore, press the space bar or Enter key at the
echo prompt below.  To skip this step and clean up CONFIG.SYS manually,
echo press Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Break at the prompt.
echo.
echo Depending on your Windows settings, this window may not close
echo automatically after CONFIG.SYS is restored.  If it does not, simply
echo click the "close" button in the upper right corner.
echo.
echo Thanks!
echo.
pause
if not exist %1\config.jps goto nobackup
copy %1\CONFIG.JPS C:\CONFIG.SYS
echo.
echo CONFIG.SYS restored from pre-install backup.
goto done
:nobackup
echo.
echo.
echo The backup file for CONFIG.SYS is missing.  You will need
echo to edit CONFIG.SYS manually to remove the SHELL= line for
echo 4DOS.
echo.
pause
:done
exit

This email message has been automatically encrypted using ROT-26.

------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media 100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33 Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift. http://www.shop4tech.com/z/Inkjet_Cartridges/9_108_r285 _______________________________________________ Freedos-user mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-user