Hi!

30-Дек-2004 13:08 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael Devore) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

>>      BTW, this raise two questions to Michael Devore:
>>- may EMM386 autoinclude given region in some way, if there will not be
>>   detected mono adapter/mode? QEMM386 does this.
MD> Automatically as default?

     Yes. How else? (Or, you mean something non-default option like
HIGHSCAN, which will automatically check possibility for B000 region?)

MD> No.  Fails the rule of least surprise and
MD> violates the idea of default condition maximizing stability, within reason.

     Ok.

>>- what happen if I=B000-B800 will be used on system with mono adapter/mode?
MD> I'd guess it would work.  Why not?

     "with mono adapter/mode"?

MD> B800 should be B7FF, though.

     Why? (I found, that yours EMM386 is more convenient in this respect and
doesn't _requires_ B7FF, as MS-EMM386 do).