On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 15:58:04 +0100, you wrote:

Hi Gerry,

Finally did all the test ...

I found that Jeremy removed the "test" version of FDISK 1.3.0 beta
from his website. My copy is downloaded last week, the version still
shows "1.2.1-k".

Following you list, it fail in:

>>1. Boot FreeDOS on a floppy (or whatever) Make sure FDISK is 1.3.x or above
>>2. FDISK /CLEARALL 1
>>(that's a number one assuming your physical drive number is one)
>>3. FDISK /MBR
>>4. FDISK /PRI:2000

Failed at step #4, it shows "Error 0 reading sector 0x1".

I switch to FDISK 1.2.1 (old one) and everything works, even the
logical drive size problem gone.

>>5. <Reboot it>
>>6. FORMAT C: /S
>>7. <Reboot it again>
>>What happens now?

With old FDISK the XEON server boot normally

>If you then follow the full procedure, you should find it does boot, but
>if it does not, can you describe what you see on screen? Breaking the
>RAID should not make any difference, but you do need to check the RAID
>controller is trying to boot the correct array - if you only have one
>this isn't usually an issue.

Thank you very much for your test procedure!

Test with kernel 2035_32(unstable) and 082 pl 3ak xms_swap, will try
the latest from Jeremy, last test it's working fine.

Conclusion:

1) FDISK 1.2.1 UI have bugs, command line OK
2) FDISK 1.2.1-K not working

Rgds,
Johnson.