At 05:48 PM 9/21/2005 -0700, Blair Campbell wrote:

> it sounds like VDS again to me. That has the effect that no

I think that it'd be really nice to have a utility to detect the
instances where VDS would fail because then distros like mine can add
the NOVDS option in the installed config.sys and a user could save
much trouble by not having to boot without EMM386 and edit config.sys.

If I could detect when VDS would fail, I could make it not do so, with a high likelihood of success, depending on severity of the conflict. HOW to detect when VDS is in conflict is the $64,000 question. Without MS-style resources to acquire 100's of different test machines, we're kind of stuck.