At 12:55 AM 3/15/2006 +0300, Arkady V.Belousov wrote:
14-íÁÒ-2006 00:11 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Michael Devore) wrote to
freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net:

MD> My own issue is that I can create a stick which either boots as a big
MD> floppy (A: via USB-ZIP) or a hard drive (C: via USB-HDD), but I can't seem
MD> to switch back and forth between the two types after I'm done.  I've not
MD> had time to investigate what's necessary to change to go between them.

     As I understand, this is not possible: diskettes do not contain MBR,
disks do. And these schemes are not interchangeable.

Well, I have a couple USB sticks that don't know FDISK isn't supposed to affect them. If I start up FDISK, it sees a partition on the USB stick. If I then use FDISK to remove that partition, afterwards the USB stick cannot be accessed by FreeDOS tools (including FORMAT or DEBUG) or Windows re-format. In fact, if it weren't for the HP USB tool which can restore their formatting at that point, FreeDOS FDISK partition removal on the USB sticks would turn them into fish lures, slingshot ammunition, or very tiny doorstops. Maybe Linux tools might work too, I haven't booted Linux in a while since my free Red Hat updates ran out.