Hi Johnson,

> My own point of view, FreeDOS programs should better than MS-DOS old one

I completely agree, I think it's already 100x better!

> (like
> KEYB), not just a clone, now we have a lot of memory and CPU power, allow to
> use a better UI, easier operation and a better speed.

Yes, but where do you draw the line, and how do you deal with backward
hardware capability and how far back in history do you go? What about
forward compatibility such as eight core 64 bit processor? If you
need/want a modern fast open-source o/s with a "UI" how does FreeDOS fit
into this concept sitting next to Linux? Who will write all the drivers
for the latest NICs, USB, Kerberos, signed SMB, NFS, NTFS, TCP/IP with
IP v6, not to mention cameras, scanners, printers - how will they all
work? What standards will this new UI adhere to?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)