it only uses code that the compiler used to produce it creates.  DJGPP
just happens to use protected mode because it allows the executable
itself to reach astronomical sizes :-).

On 8/30/06, Johnson Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:45:28 -0700, you wrote:
>
> Hi Blair,
>
> >Hi.  About the 80386 code thing.  It is not necessary to switch to
> >protected mode to use large amounts of memory.  This is possible with
> >plain 8086 code.  And XDEL has options close to what you wish with
> >DEL.
>
> If 8086 code can works.
>
> What I mean is ... only use 80386 when necessary, just like your LAME port,
> it
> should support the latest CPU "candies" such as 3DNOW Professional and SSE3
> because CPU did affect the speed.
>

> Rgds,
> Johnson.

Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.
   David Letterman (1947 - )

See ya