> DON"T USE MICROSOFT'S VIRTUAL PC.  Go to http://www.vmware.com and
> switch ASAP.  A suggestion is that dosemu, which is free, might be
> better at supporting freedos than even vmware.  Virtual PC is an
> inferior product compared to vmware.  You can use an evaluation copy of
> workstation and then use player for free to run the virtual machine you
> created with workstation indefinitely.  Windows 98SE, has Dos 7
> underneath which is the last real version of MS-DOS, works very well
> in vmware-player and vmware-workstation.  If you are interested in free
> software, WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU TRUSTING MICROSOFT CONTROLLED PRODUCTS
> TO TEST IT.  Microsoft is a monopoly, Microsoft wants everyone to need
> Windows, need I say more?
>
>     --  Michael C. Robinson

Hi Michael! :-)

Since you are more experienced than me in emulation, I have a question for
you. (I have FreeDOS installed at my HD, I don't know much for emulators).

Which version of VMWARE do you recomend? Seems like there is a VMWARE server
available for free (free registration required). (Only support is $ware, but
there are user forums available also). There is also a beta page, for all
products, I don't know details.

* So, do you have tested (or will you?) FreeDOS at the free server edition?
Is it better or worse (memory management and performance) than player only
edition?

BTW, I show at VMWARE site many OS distributions for downloading. Is there a
FreeDOS one?

Thanks!!!
Giorgos. :-)