> DON"T USE MICROSOFT'S VIRTUAL PC.  Go to http://www.vmware.com and
> switch ASAP.  A suggestion is that dosemu, which is free, might be
> better at supporting freedos than even vmware.  Virtual PC is an
> inferior product compared to vmware.  You can use an evaluation copy of
> workstation and then use player for free to run the virtual machine you
> created with workstation indefinitely.  Windows 98SE, has Dos 7
> underneath which is the last real version of MS-DOS, works very well
> in vmware-player and vmware-workstation.  If you are interested in free
> software, WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU TRUSTING MICROSOFT CONTROLLED PRODUCTS
> TO TEST IT.  Microsoft is a monopoly, Microsoft wants everyone to need
> Windows, need I say more?
>
>     --  Michael C. Robinson

Hi!!! :-)

I agree with Michael! VMWARE is a far better emulation solution (in memory
management and periferal handling eg. for USB devices)!

I used to work with Michael's recommendations, but seems like VMWARE
recently, released its VMWARE Server for free (NOT expiring). (free
registration required). I show also related documentation, support forums
and a beta maillist (for all products).
A couple of related pages, can be found at:
http://www.vmware.com/download/server/ and
http://www.vmware.com/products/free_virtualization.html .

OK, since I have installed FreeDOS on my HD, I don't know much of emulators,
so I'm waiting responce from more experienced users.

BTW, I show at VMWARE site many OS distributions available for downloading.
Is there a FreeDOS one?

Thanks!!!
Giorgos. :-)