VMware is very good and works with FreeDOS, any windows and Any Linux.

You will not need support, it easy and it does what you expect it to do,
Qemu is good too, but diffuclt to install and setup.

VMware is fast, nearly 90% of host machine. Graphics for DOS are very
slow (Qemu is a little better and DosEmu is much better)

Host has to be a very advanced OS, xp is OK, but Linux is better :)

I am using VMware, it has no hidden catch! I cannot figure where they
will get their money from.

Alain