On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Russell Button wrote:

RB >Jim Hall wrote:
RB >> I run Fedora Core 6.  I do have VMWare, but I don't often boot DOS in
RB >> it.  Most of my FreeDOS work is done under Linux DOSEmu.  I think you
RB >> should be able to do it in Linux DOSEmu.  At least, I believe it
RB >> solves most of what you are looking for:
RB >>
RB >
RB >Y'know, I hadn't thought of trying it under DOSEmu.  I tried to fire up
RB >one of my dos apps under DOSEmu once a couple of years ago and couldn't
RB >make sense of the documentation.

I had the same experience last year but dosemu has been greatly
imporved as it now works on my system without my doing anything except
letting Ubuntu synaptice package manager install the update.

Xdosemu worked much better for me (thanks Eric) than dosemu.

I have Ubuntu Edgie

RB >
RB >The advantages you suggest make it a winner if I can figure it out.
RB >I'll go take a look at this approach.  I'm certainly not wedded to vmware.
RB >
RB >Russ
RB >
RB >
RB >
RB >
RB >-------------------------------------------------------------------------
RB >Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
RB >Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
RB >opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys-and earn cash
RB >http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
RB >Freedos-user mailing list
RB >Freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
RB >

                       Bonnie Dalzell, MA
mail:5100 Hydes Rd ---- Hydes MD USA 21082-----EMAIL:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

freelance anatomist, vertebrate paleontologist, writer, illustrator, dog

Editor Net.Pet Online Animal Magazine  - http://www.netpetmagazine.com
HOME http://www.qis.net/~borzoi/          BUSINESS http://www.batw.com