Hi!

Jemmex indeed saves a bit of RAM but the first problem
is to get sound, so I would suggest "safer" configs with
only HIMEMX or with HIMEMX and classic JEMM386...

> Well I have it half-working. The MIDI/AdLib/Roland MT32 support works

So probably IRQs and basic things work...

> Sound/Voice support does not.

Probably DMA troubles...

> http://www.geocities.com/elrich2k3/FDCONFIG.TXT FDCONFIG.TXT

You do not need to put ! in front of all lines...
And you forgot the SB option in the JEMMEX line.
If it is not supported, try classic JEMM386 or
even FD EMM386 instead (load them after HIMEMX).
Try without XDMA and without CDRCACHE, too...
Sound goes first, other features should wait.

> http://www.geocities.com/elrich2k3/autoexec.txt

It says SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6 so you
say "modern soundblaster with IRQ 5 DMA/8 1 DMA/16 5"
which could differ from what your drivers / hardware
provide at the moment. Also try T4 for "older SB".
For example SBCFG says PCI df00 IRQ 9 SB16 emulation
at port 220 IRQ 5 DMA/8 1 DMA/16 7 - NOT 5 but 7 :-)
The MIDI 330 IRQ 5 and Adlib 388 are quite standard.

Eric