Hi Fabrício Ceolin,

> Using qemu, I make a USB Key bootable, using it like a common disk.
> qemu -hda /dev/sde -cdrom freedos.iso -boot d
> But, It works only at some machines.
> Check this video with the bugs
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-URVzgNKQA

Hi! It seems you first boot option 2 (EMM386 and SHARE) on
one PC, then use FDAPM to poweroff that, no problems. Then
you do the same on another PC, and then, maybe right after
"UMBs unavailable" and then DOS fails to load command.com:

This (it goes too fast to see details) sounds like loading
EMM386 broke disk access. Your boot screen shows that you
have Award BIOS and Celeron with lots of Intel hardware...
G31 Express graphics, ICH7 sound, IDE, SMBus and USB 2 and
a network card from some other vendor.

Boot options are: 1 EMM386 NOEMS, 2 EMM386 EMS SHARE,
3 HIMEM, 4 no drivers, but 4 is disabled, default 2.
You probably use old FreeDOS 1.0 :-). Option 4 is not
available because you would need a line like this:
4?echo no drivers
in your config sys or fdconfig sys file :-).

Please try booting with option 3, HIMEM (but no EMM386).
It is quite possible that EMM386 tries to give DOS UMB
space in an area which is also used by the USB hardware
which is why all disk access fails after loading EMM386.

If this solves the problem, then please upgrade your
EMM386 to JEMM386 from www.japheth.de and check if you
can now boot even WITH JEMM386 without breaking USB
access. If yes, good, if no, you could help us making
JEMM386 better. In other words, help let it autodetect
the areas used by USB hardware and let DOS avoid them.

Thanks for your help :-).

Eric

PS: Please also check http://rugxulo.googlepages.com/
and there in particular the 2.88 MB distro and try to
use that for making a more up to date bootable stick.