Eric Auer schrieb:
> Hi Michael,
>
>> I have created a wikipage which describes how you can install FreeDOS on
>> NTFS with permanent and full read and write access. It's not directly
>> installed on NTFS, but inside an raw image. There is no need to change
>> the partition table or the bootsector.
>>
>> http://grub4dos.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/DOS
>
> This is a bit like UMSDOS Linux distros, but with more separation
> between DOS and the host in your case:

Yes.

> Maybe you could extend the
> Wiki page to explain how DOS can get access to the NTFS drive?

Ok, I've linked to
http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0503736/php/drdoswiki/index.php?n=Main.NTFS
any further help in installing NTFS DOS drivers (if really needed)
should be added there.

> In
> the current version, you only install DOS in a (writeable) disk
> image which is a flat file from the view of Vista/XP/... NTFS and
> the DOS in turn cannot see the NTFS drive either...

There are now two more sentences in the grub4dos wiki. It links now also
to a page for mounting the image file from other operating systems.

-mr