Hi Michael,

> I have created a wikipage which describes how you can install FreeDOS on
> NTFS with permanent and full read and write access. It's not directly
> installed on NTFS, but inside an raw image. There is no need to change
> the partition table or the bootsector.
>
> http://grub4dos.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/DOS

This is a bit like UMSDOS Linux distros, but with more separation
between DOS and the host in your case: Maybe you could extend the
Wiki page to explain how DOS can get access to the NTFS drive? In
the current version, you only install DOS in a (writeable) disk
image which is a flat file from the view of Vista/XP/... NTFS and
the DOS in turn cannot see the NTFS drive either... So maybe you
can add some tutorial for NTFS4DOS or a similar free for personal
use or even more free NTFS driver for DOS on top of your DOS-in-
grub4dos-made-virtual-disk approach :-).

Eric