Blair Campbell schreef:
> No you're not :-).
> First, I compiled the latest version of cdrtools (the current one is
> way outdated), which is cdrecord-ProDVD-ProBD 2.01.01a58.
> Then, I discovered that some linux distributions forked cdrtools
> because of licencing issues, so I decided to try their fork
> (www.cdrkit.org) and successfully compiled that.

Hi Blair,

Any chance all of your compiled stuff is available in public sometime?
I'd love to test DVD recording as I've always wanted to be able to
remaster the FreeDOS disc from within a FreeDOS CDROM itself, and
managed to do so except for the cd recording itself (using an old
version of cdrecord).
That would allow both remastering the bootfloppy used for memdisk as
well as updating the cd with new packages :).
> So to test I loaded xgcdrom.sys, then oakaspi.sys (ASPI over ATAPI
> driver; http://www.wolfgang-brinkmann.de/bcdw/aspi.sys)

I'm not sure about the status of XGCDROM.SYS, was it open source yet
like earlier of Jack's no longer available versions? If it is, it means
the closed-source ASPI.SYS could be replaced as well if someone's able
to write an ASPI driver for ATAPI/SCSI (possibly USB/Firewire/SATA as
well but oh well).
> Does anybody have an opinion as to which is better? (cdrkit vs. cdrtools)
> Do I have any willing testers for other drives? (you should probably
> use CD-RWs or DVD-RWs)

No idea which one would be better, never found a working DOS CDRTOOLS
for DVD (CDDL license was it?), never found any DOS port of CDRKIT
(GPL?) at all.

Thanks for your continued efforts :)

Bernd