I have the C source code for the 1.7 release that is meant for Linux.

I want to port this code to freedos and build a gem compatible
interface for it.

Drivewire, for those who don't know, is a piece of software that
allows a color computer 1/2/3 to access via serial port a modern
computer and the modern computer emulates a disk drive.  These old
computers used 5 1/4" low density floppies which are no more now.
The drives for low density 5 1/4" floppies aren't available
anymore.  Drivewire doesn't always work, but most of the time
it does.  Programs that follow the Tandy standard for disk
access have no problem with drivewire.

Now then, the Linux version depends on specific Linux only C
libraries.  I need to know what the equivalent libraries are
under Freedos and as necessary I will need to recode if the
dos equivalent library is different.

The following link:

     http://drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net/drivewireserver/

is where the source code for the drivewire server can be
downloaded from.

I am interested in doing a port because Windows 98SE is awfully
heavy on a 486 DX2-66 with only 20 megs of ram, and it isn't free.

I could use some help getting the information about what the C
library equivalents are under freedos and how they vary from the
ones in Linux.  Another area where I need help is understanding
gem so I can make my drivewire port a gem application.