On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:56 PM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste-family.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> It has been a long time that the "poor translation management" was bothering
> me. There is no easy way to know what needs to be translated, and what is
> already translated but not shipped with the package for whatever reason.
>
> I worked a moment today on a new project: The FreeDOS localisation project:
>
> http://www.viste-family.net/mateusz/fdlang/
>
> I think that such centralized translation point could greatly improve FreeDOS
> translations, as people would know exactly what has to be translated, where
> to check wheter any translations for a given program has been made, and where
> to send any self-made translations.
>
> Don't hesitate to send me any translations you have, which aren't listed on
> my website!

This is a great effort! Thanks for doing this.

However, I think this would be better managed inside the FreeDOS Wiki.
That way, it's not just one person who's managing the translations,
but everyone. That would make it easier to update new translations and
make them available to the developers.

I don't see your name in the list as a Wiki editor, but Aitor or Eric
can set you up. First create a Wiki account for yourself. This should
happen automatically if you click the "Log in" link on the Wiki, and
sign in using your SourceForge credentials. Then, email Eric or Aitor
to add you as an Editor. (I can also do it, but I am trying to
transition my duties to someone else.)

-jh