Hi,

I have googled and googled and googled this question and have not found an
easy answer.  That is strange because this seems like something that would
be a common problem.

I have an old DBase application that I am reviving to run under FreeDOS.  It
prints to a parallel printer when running on real hw, but when running in
FreeDOS in VirtualBox I want it to print to a USB printer.

What is the best way to do that?

The printer shows up in the Devices->USB menu in Virtual box.

Here is the advise I received from a friend how to do it under DOS running
within XP:
a) Setup the printer in Windows, then SHARE the printer.   Then in DOS, one
can do this:
b) NET USE lpt1: \\windowspc\printershare

What would be the equivalent of that in FreeDOS?

--
Michael Potter