Eric:
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you (was in LA for week, then had a monitor failure. I tried to reproduce the problem. it did about the same thing although not exactly.

Eric Auer wrote:
Hi Bob,

Some questions: Is that Fortran program running in DOS?  The Fortran program is
running in DOS.

Do you print to paper or to a file?
I do not print (neither text nor graphs) from inside this program - the program calculates and displays a graph on the screen.
What is your printer configuration in Ubuntu and in Dosemu?
I am not sure I fully understand the question. I have a HP OfficeJet K80xi All-in-One printer. The HPLIP organization provided me with a driver and guided me thru the installation. As far as I know, everything works fine in Ubuntu 8.04. All applications programs (such as Open Office Writer etc.) work fine. From a terminal. "lp filename1.txt" and "lp filename2.jpg" both work OK. In DOS, the command "copy filename prn" works fine for text files but does not for graphics files (,jpg or .png)

In DOS it is a different matter. I can print text files but not .jpg files. I don't remember configuring the printer in DOS.
Does the small print-out show all screen content?
Yes. I have a new experience to report. I entered dos (small screen) , ran the program (which produced a graph on screen) then hit PrintScreen. This saved a png file of the small screen (this is new behavior to me) then entered the full screen & hit Printscreen. This produced 3 pages of gibberish on the printer?
 Which screen mode/s do you use, text modes or graphics modes? EGA or VGA?
The program only writes to the screen in graphics (VGA) mode, 640 by 480 resolution.
Eric

How do I get a full sized screen dump from inside an application program?
I am using Ubuntu 8.04, and dosemu 1.4.0.0, After entering dosemu from the terminal, I then enter the full screen mode with Ctrl-Alt-F, and run a fortran program which produces a full screen color graph. Pressing "PrintScreen" results in a small (approximately 3"x4") print-out. Any suggestion?

Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with Crystal Reports now. http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july