Op 27-12-2009 23:42, jcd...@free.fr schreef:
Hello.

As I said to eric auer

Done as suggested.
But some problem still here.

Then I give up as well. I assume your drive is internal, and connected to SATA like your subject mentions. Does it run in IDE compatibility mode or in AHCI?

----------------
!DOS=HIGH,UMB
!DOSDATA=UMB
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\HIMEM.EXE
DEVICE=C:\FDOS\BIN\EMM386.EXE NOEMS X=TEST
DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\XDMA.SYS
DEVICEHIGH=C:\DRIVERS\UIDE.SYS /D:L633C
DEVICEHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\CDRCACHE.SYS L633C CDRCACH0 15000
SHELLHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\COMMAND.COM C:\FDOS\BIN /E:1024 /P=C:\AUTOEXEC.BAT
INSTALLHIGH=C:\FDOS\BIN\LBACACHE.COM 15000 TUNS

For debugging purposes, I'd throw out the CDRCACHE line for now, just put a ";" at the start/front of this line (perhaps EMM386 also for now, for same reason) Also, throw away XDMA.SYS, it shouldn't be needed and might actually cause problems. UIDE.SYS has its same abilities built-in and caches harddisks and optical drives.

I think FreeDOS contains some programs to create ISO files as well, and to access them. That might be an alternative. However it's ofcourse no alternative to accessing the actual optical drive to read other discs in it.

Do commercial CD drivers like VIDE-CDD.SYS or OAKCDROM.SYS work for you? Is IDE-emulation possible in your BIOS for the SATA port which your optical drive is connected to?

------------------------
XDMA V3.3, 2-15-2006
   No ultraDMA controller; XDMA not loaded
UIDE, 11-27-2009.         80-MB Cache,  CD/DVD name is L633C
Disks run by the bios : 1

Indeed no mention whatsoever.

mem /c
UIDE loaded in memory (4816 b in upper memory).

That's the harddisk caching part of UIDE which caused the driver to load even despite not finding any CD drives to provide access to.

I'm sorry we couldn't provide any working solution, maybe Jack R Ellis would be interested to have this info.

Bernd