Hi, (this was mailed to list, so I hope you don't mind me
pre-responding in his place)

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM, Single Stage to Orbit
<alex.bu...@munted.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Japheth
>
> Just a note to let you know that repeated use of VIM 7.3.46 (DOS32
> binary) will crash JEMMEX 5.74b if it is used. M$'s HIMEM and EMM386
> works perfectly with it.
>
> Any ideas or workarounds?

Sadly, I don't use VIM that much. I always forget. But IIRC it uses a
*very* old CWSDPMI (r4). Try deleting that, and see if it helps. And
make sure you're using "JEMMEX I=TEST X=TEST" (both).

EDIT: Almost forgot, 5.75rc1 is out, so you should definitely upgrade,
and try it:  http://www.japheth.de/Jemm.html

In particular, are you using a lot of plugins? What exactly happens
and when? It may be an honest bug due to lack of testing, they surely
don't use DOS. But we'll need more info to reproduce it.

P.S. I also like VILE, but it's much weaker in syntax highlighting
(which is no deal breaker to me, personally, though I suspect you're
more particular). Just FYI, it's quite nice.