Hi,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
> Op 2-8-2011 14:05, dos386 schreef:
>
> I'd prefer a default of:
> * date: YYYYMMDD (Japanese notation, right?)
> * time: HHMMSS
> * number: nnn.nnn.nnn,xyz (european)
> * separater: ehm no idea.
> * keyboard: QWERTY with EURO (858 thus), still not managed to get a
> euro-sign in DOS but likely depends on having KEYB loaded, which crashes.
>
> Different options is fine, just the default maybe isn't ideal :)

I think it's less ambiguous to just spell out the month and use AM/PM
time, e.g.:

Tue 02 Aug 2011,  06:08pm

And (POSIX?) Linux "date" seems to be similarly unambiguous:

Tue Aug  2 18:09:06 CDT 2011

REXX (scripting language) has a lot of "date" (built-in function, aka
BIF) options, though I think only ANSI REXX (e.g. Regina) can convert
between 'em, and they all have different advantages / disadvantages:

http://www.kilowattsoftware.com/tutorial/rexx/bidate.htm