get a copy of darik's boot and nuke and erase the hard disk,
single pass, no verification.

when loading the cd, use only the xms option, NO EMM386!

then xfdisk the disk using the default choices, except when it comes to
write the partition table, then choose yes.

then format the disk using the format command.

then try to install it (freedos) again.

this has always worked for me.

i must add, though, do these steps exactly right, else the whole implementation
is broken and you'll have to start over again.

you can write me direct if you like,
my email appears below.

the problem is not insurmountable, it's common with v1.0,
and 1.1_test3.iso cd works better at installing system.
you can add the other stuff from the 1.0 implementation later.

eufdp...@yahoo.com
eufdp...@yahoo.com
eufdp...@yahoo.com
eufdp...@yahoo.com