Has anyone tried Lua in DOS?
In theory Lua is supposed to run nicely on all platforms, but how well
does it play with the DOS environment specifically? I know, it all
depends on the availability of libraries/modules. So let me rephrase
the question: does anyone know of Lua extensions for the DOS
environment?

BTW, Lua is interpreted, of course, so it does not quite fit into the
compiled languages' discussion, but nonetheless Lua is a very fine
language