Hi,

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Jean-Pierre Planas
<syba...@club-internet.fr> wrote:

> First, thanks for your answers (Eric, Jim and Rugxulo...)
> Rufus is very interesting...
>
> Just to explain why NTFS : I would like to put files >4Gb on the usb key.

Ah, forgot about that. FreeDOS doesn't support files over 2 GB, so I
guess that rules it out.

> I use ghost (Symantec, ex-Norton) with Freedos, and I have already some
> ghost files >4Gb that I want to copy on my usb drive.

You could always split them (*.000, *.001, *.002) and combine later.
Actually, exFAT supports big files, but FreeDOS (wisely) doesn't
implement it (patents, bah).

> I saw that with Windows I cannot create 2 partitions on my usb key. Because
> I can try to create a FAT32 partition with Freedos to boot on it, and a NTFS
> to store my largest files.
>
> Do you know some software :
> - To create 2 partitions on a usb key ?

Presumably anything like Linux GParted or maybe even one of the
FreeDOS fdisk tools.

> - To replace ghost with a free software ? (to clone fast a partition, using
> Freedos...)

Free software? Dunno, check some of the Linux distros. There's
probably some DOS tool, but I can't remember (or it isn't free and/or
libre). Two I just searched for and found aren't free, for instance.
But I've not frequently cloned drives, so I'm the wrong person to ask.
(And Ghost used to have a DOS/DJGPP version, but that won't help
here.)