Hi,

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Ralf A. Quint <free...@gmx.net> wrote:
> At 10:10 AM 9/18/2012, Louis Santillan wrote:
>>There's only 13K upper mem free according to mem/c. I believe it is
>>in one block. And, iirc, all that most apps need is to be able to
>>swap a 4k page at a time. My guess is that jemmex doesn't implement
>>ems in a way that fps fbpro expects which is why it finds 0k free ems.
>
> Sorry, but that is not correct, you would need a full 64KB segment
> for the EMS page frame for anything that is EMS 3.x/LIM compatible.
> EMS 4.0 allowed for smaller page frame size, but I don't know right
> now if anything below 16KB was possible, as that is the size of the
> logical EMS pages, there's also the requirement that a page frame
> starts at a 16K boundary.
>
> If jemmex the culprit should be easy to find out by testing with
> another EMS manager to see if they would be able to set up EMS
> memory, but with only a 13KB block available, I doubt it...

I know this sounds like an advertisement almost, but it's relevant.
Try EMSMAGIC.  http://www.emsmagic.com/

--
"EMS Magic is an expanded memory (EMS) emulator that installs as a
removable TSR and runs under DOS and Windows 9x/NTx, including XP and

Unlike EMM386 and NTVDM's EMM, EMS Magic will create the page frame
wherever there is room, including lower memory if necessary. This
allows it to provide EMS on systems where other expanded memory
managers fail."

"EMS Magic is available free of charge for personal, non-commercial
use only. If this is your intended use, you may download from the
links below."

http://www.emsmagic.com/files/emsmagic21_personal.zip