Hi,

> We are facing a difficulty with the 'copy' command in the
> network of our Health Center.

> We occasionally need to copy files from the server to the local
> disks of client machines.

> I have been doing these copies by means of file managers such as
> Navigator, NDN or Connect, and it is straightforward.

> However, we want to spare the users the trouble of learning how
> to use a file manager. So I wrote a simple batch file to do the
> copying. To my surprise, it failed, with the error message "Lock
> violation" or something to that effect.

a) please take the time and report THE FULL AND EXACT WORDING OF THE
ERROR MESSAGE and not 'SOMETHING TO THAT EFFECT'.

b) are these files in use by other machines ? possibly database files
? is this error happening on ALL files, or can you copy other files ?

c) installing share on the client will have no effect

Tom