Hi,

On Sat, Jul 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
> Mateusz Viste schreef op 22-7-2013 21:37:
>
> Also went over the CD, seeing the following obvious things:

I haven't downloaded nor played with this .ISO, but FYI ....

> upx v3.09                   http://upx.sf.net

A few months ago, I cross-compiled latest UPX-UCL 3.09 and put it on iBiblio:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/devel/upx/

> himemx v3.34                http://www.japheth.de/Jemm.html

I'm surprised Japheth is (also) hosting it now. 3.34 is not official,
only a minor hack by Rod P, which hasn't been tested very well.

Honestly, there is no maintainer, and 3.32 was Japheth's last "HimemX"
update, about five years ago (not counting small makefile tweak). The
3.33 was another (very trivial) unofficial hack to add "jmp $+2" to
work on old 386s. So calling it 3.34 is just for continuity reasons.

> uide 30-april-2013

Johnson's website is no longer updated (only has older version), but
latest is on iBiblio:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/cdrom/uide/

> mtcp: 2013-04-26

Latest of this is actually 2013-05-23 :

http://www.freedos.org/software/?prog=mtcp

> DEVEL: contains UPX again

Again? I don't remember, but yeah, you could argue it belongs in
"UTIL" or somewhere else. Dunno, doesn't matter I guess.

> Watcom: most recent?

1.9 has been latest stable for three years now. I haven't been
following their latest progress, so I don't really know much about it.