Hello,

On 07/21/2013 07:59 PM, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
> All of these can have a CD drive attached to them. Remember Iomega's
> zipdrives having lots of different drivers

Okay, I understand now. The whole thing is not much about CDROM drives,
but rather on any possible substitute that people can use. It's all
clear now - thanks!

> Ouch, thought this was solved, both with and without some custom fixing
> driver. Most recent VirtualBox (4.2.16?) used? Most recent UDVD2.SYS
> used?
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/dos/cdrom/uide/drivers-2013-04-30.zip

The UDVD2.SYS I used is the latest I could find (from the link you
provided).

The VirtualBox I have is the one my distro packaged for me: 4.1.12.
Maybe this is something that got fixed in newer VBox.. dunno.

> In worst case, revert to XCDROM but keep UDVD2 around.

That's exactly what I did. UDVD2 seems really nice. It just can't be a
default if it can trigger freezes

cheers,
Mateusz