Hello,

That's a question to those of you who happen to still keep an oldish
hardware machine dedicated to DOS tasks...

How do you transfer files between your main computer and your
FreeDOS-powered machine ?

Myself, I haven't found any really creative solution so far, and rely on
one of these:
  - using the DOS port of SCP (this works both ways, but not very
user-friendly)
  - putting files on my gopher server, and fetching them from my DOS PC
using a gopher client (works only if I need to copy files TO the DOS
workstation, but not the other way around)

Obviously, both solutions are quite annoying. Best would be to have some
kind of file manager similar to Norton Commander that would allow
accessing a remote network drive from DOS...

Just wondering how others do.

Back in old days I was using the LapLink application. It was primarily
targeted to serial/parallel file transfers, but IIRC since v5.00 network
transfers were supported, too. Anyway, it's not really an option
anymore, since it needs a LapLink program running on both sides, so it
would still be a nice (although non-free) solution for DOS -> DOS
transfers, but not if your 'real' workstation is running Linux or
FreeBSD (or Windows, but hopefully nobody uses that anymore) ;)

Mateusz