On Fri, 01 Aug 2014 14:23:41 +0200, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:

> That's a question to those of you who happen to still keep an oldish
> hardware machine dedicated to DOS tasks...

I usually don't (I triple-boot between FreeDOS, Haiku, and Windows on my
main PC), but when I do transfer files between a DOS and non-DOS computer,
I use one of the following:

1. Serial cable and Zmodem at 115200 bits per second. This is only good
for small transfers though, usually I have to compress things first.

2. If the DOS computer (usually a laptop) booted DOS from a USB device,
unplug it, connect it to the other computer, transfer files, and connect
it to the DOS computer again to the same port. A DIR command should then
show the changed directory. Sometimes a reboot is needed though.

3. Temporarily run mTCP FTPSERV on the DOS computer. Configure an FTP user
so that it gives you access to all drives. Then use an FTP client on the
other computer.