fair point.
it is an IBM thinkpad 600x which is a p3.  presently it has ms dos 7.10.
As for what most people do...in my dictionary there is no such thing as
most people, smiles.
I would likely get more than one card, wired connecting via Ethernet and
wireless.  However I intend this machine for road working and have yet to
find a cable long enough for that sort of thing smiles.
Kare