Hi Karen,

I see the 600x has no network connectivity. So first of all you would need a
PCMCIA network card.

A wifi card is not really an option. As you see here:

http://www.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/WiFi

802.11b is the only mode you could possibly get DOS drivers for. If you find
such a PCMCIA card at all, I am not sure you find a wifi access point that
still offers this connection.

So I'd stick to Michaels and Matejs suggestion and get an Ethernet card and
connect this to a second mobile device.

A good and reliable PCMCIA Ethernet card was this one:
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/D-Link-100Mbps-Network-Interface-DFE-670TXD/dp/B0000AT71I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412665798&sr=8-1&keywords=D-Link+DFE-670TXD>
It even comes with a DOS packet driver.

To get it to work you need to configure PCMCIA. It is most likely your Thinkpad
came with drivers for that. If not, send a note.

So: There is a very good chance you can get a PCMCIA Ethernet Card up and
running in FreeDOS.

Now how to make a connection to the internet?

It seems to me, this little gadget, a Huawei E5151, might be what you want. (As
I don't know where you live: This is the version for Europe and T-Mobile USA).
<http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-E5151-Hotspot-Ethernet-T-Mobile/dp/B00B4AYPLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412667831&sr=8-1&keywords=Huawei+E5151>

It connects to 3G/4G and you can use the Ethernet/LAN port to plug in the
Thinkpad/PCMCIA card's network cable. (Caution: Other devices also have such a
port, but sometimes only for WAN, so you can not use the port to plug in your
laptop.)

It is battery powered, so you don't even need a cable long enough for that :-).

What doesn't work: As far as I understood the E5151 can not access another WiFi
access point and connect you to it through ethernet. For this you would need a
different device.

Hope this helps a bit... :-)

Ulrich