Serial devices are always slow; I don't know how they get around it.
SD cards are serial like SATA and they really are slow. The hard drive
clock must be super fast to get those speeds. They also have to transfer
handshakes serially. I wonder how its done. Some really great
engineering there.

cheers
DS

-----
> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
> Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
> more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations,
> FREE

http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=157005751&iu=/4140/ostg.clk
trk

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052