Tranferings 1 bit at a time is always slower than 8 bits at a time.
if the clock stays the same for both. How SATA beats this
is something I don't understand. SATA doesn't have seperate
handshaking outputs so handshkes have to travel the same serial lines.
Quit a feat of engineering there. When I try to format very large SD
chips
with DOS; the software just gives up. Small sd chips do format but
slowly.
Large CF chips format in a few seconds.

cheers
DS..

-----
> from Actuate! Instantly Supercharge Your Business Reports and
> Dashboards
> with Interactivity, Sharing, Native Excel Exports, App Integration &
> more
> Get technology previously reserved for billion-dollar corporations,
> FREE

http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=157005751&iu=/4140/ostg.clk
trk

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jo00975a052