What a killjoy! Tom it was a wish list after all & from my personal
experience on FreeDOS 1.0 with the unstable kernel where crashes were few
and far between in standard mode, it seems possible if not practical.

C'est la vie! FreeDOS is not my life, just something to obsess about,
ironically speaking.