While recommending the Dillodos to another member, I discovered Georg
Pothast's XFDOS GUI. Maybe that could be added to the next distribution? I
will be getting familiar with it and report back (specifically is there a
way to add my most used program (Seedmaster for DOS) onto the Desktop - if
so then I really wouldn't need Windows at all.

https://code.google.com/p/nanox-microwindows-nxlib-fltk-for-dos/wiki/XFDOS